The 2018 IMG Expo is coming up in New Orleans from January 22nd to January 24th, and I’ll be there teaching classes on the Power of the Facebook Pixel on the 22nd and the 23rd. In this episode, I’ll talk about how you can improve your networking skills and rock the IMG expo this year.
If you go into it with the right attitude, you can come away with some contacts or information that can help you improve your reputation, your website, or your business overall. But in order to do that, you have to go into with intention, knowing what it is that you want to achieve.
Some highlights of today’s episode include:
- You never know who you’re going to meet that might be helpful, so don’t make snap judgements or be dismissive
- Why you shouldn’t try to rush through and meet everyone in the room
- How to pick which sessions to attend by reading bios instead of session descriptions
- Why you should introduce yourself to the moderators
- Why you should focus less on making a good impression and more on not making a bad impression
- Why you should aim to always be trying to learn instead of trying to impress
- How to add value to your interactions with other people at the expo
- Why you should focus on the up-and-comers, rather than the established big names
- The importance of following up after the event
- How to use social media in your networking